Sea Urchins are ocean animals that do not have a backbone (invertebrates).
- small styrofoam ball
- paint & paint brush (optional)
- toothpicks/colored party picks
- Paint the styrofoam ball, if desired.
- Paint toothpicks, if desired or use colored party picks.
- Push toothpicks/ party picks into the strofoam ball.
- You now have a model of an underwater sea animal!
- Read about this amazing animal!
If you prefer you could use a small amount of clay or silly puddy instead of the small styrofoam ball.
Here is a selection of books that the students might enjoy reading.