All matter is made up of molecules.
Here's a simple activity to observe if molecules attract.
- container for water (paper cup, etc.)
- waxed paper
- Use the dropper to place a few drops of water on a piece of waxed paper.
- Review the meaning of attract (to pull together).
- Have students predict if the water molecules will attract each other.
- Use a pencil to push 2 drops of water together. Do this slowly.
- Observe how the water drops pull together to form one drop.
- This attraction of molecules is what holds matter together.