Making a Harp
- The harp is a STRING INSTRUMENT.
- The strings (rubber bands) VIBRATE (move back and forth quickly) as the instrument is plucked.
- The tighter the strings (rubber bands) the higher the note.
- The looser the strings, the lower the note.
- baking pan, baking tin, box, or other open top container
- 5 - 8 rubber bands
- Place the rubber bands around the pan spacing them evenly.
- Tighten or loosen some of the strings (rubber bands) to change the pitch.
- Pluck the strings to make them vibrate.
- Try to tune the rubber bands so that you can make a musical scale.
Other string instruments: guitar, violin, banjo