The students could draw a graphic organizer in their notebook or you could download a FREE graphic organizer from Learning Workroom's website such as the Venn Diagram.
Go to Free Worksheets
If the students need help, they could use dictionaries, online encyclopedias, or science books to research these topics further.
Here are some facts that could be included in the students' graphic organizers
- Light and sound both travel as waves.
- Light waves and sound waves are both forms of energy.
- Both types of waves change their speed when they travel through various media.
- Both light waves and sound waves can be reflected and refracted.
- Light waves travel faster than sound waves.
- Sound waves travel slower than light waves.
- Light waves do NOT require a medium through which to travel
- Sound waves require a medium through which to travel.
- Light waves can travel through space or in a vacuum.
- Sound waves can not travel through space or in a vacuum.
- Sound travels best through opaque objects.
- Light does not travel through opaque objects.